Sunday, September 18, 2016

Belated Weekly Blog Post

I know I'm late with the weekly blog assignment. I have no excuse for not publishing sooner. Well, not a good excuse anyway. 

I do want to blog about this though: ISO is a huge pain in the rear. Aperture and shutter speed are pretty simple concepts to understand and apply in the field, but as soon as ISO is added into the mix... My brain just stops. I'll admit that there are some instances where I have a sudden glimmer of understanding. Like tonight when I tried shooting a sunburst from my back porch. But as soon as I went from a sunburst to trying to make a picture by Lake Elmo I hit a wall again. I experimented around with various settings and may have found some that work but I'm just having a hell of a time. 

I'm pretty sure half of my issue is that of picture quality and what I, as a developing artist, am always struggling with. When I'm editing in Lightroom and see all the noise in my photos it instantly bothers me. And it's not just in my photographs that I struggle with quality- it's in my drawings and paintings too. Are they good enough? Is this real enough?

Maybe practice and experience will help this, but for right now I just can't seem to get past it.


No comments:

Post a Comment